Try as I might, I could not find the quote from the book that I read years ago that explains the benefits of Love as it relates to one's Holy Guardian Angel. But I think I found something better. This is from the renaissance-man/magician-musician Lon DuQuette. And I swear he says it better than I ever could:
There are...many obstacles preventing you from waking up to the reality that you already are, at this very moment, wallowing eternally in the infinite wall-to-wall bliss of Great G. consciousness...
He says that invocation is the magickal technique par excellent that gets you quickly and directly to the Higher Self. It's a formula, so one should pay attention:
The first part of the technique is the act of falling utterly, absolutely, unwaveringly, breathtakingly, helplessly, hopelessly, physically, mentally, emotionally, sexually, in love with God; the second part...is allowing yourself to simultaneously receive back the same measure of love from God. (DuQuette, Low Magick, p. 112)
This is so freaking awesome. Someday I will find perspectives by other Beings on this issue.
Love as a kind of understanding, a kind of true vision and realization of the Self and the other Self. Because they are one and the same, remember?
No comments:
Post a Comment