Sunday, March 4, 2012

Either right before or right after I did the sunrise Manifestation Meditation, I heard this mantra by the American Sikh, Snatam Kaur.

I can't describe her singing if you have never heard it. The best that I can say is that she has the ability to take words and sounds and create thought-forms and living stories with her voice.

What are the stories about?

In this one she is singing about how when one finds their True Self and discovers their True Name they should meditate fully on this, because that is actually the name of God. Only it is not the "God" that  we think of with all of our religion baggage, it is really one of the faces of the higher Self. She reminds us to meditate on the Name, the true Name, in your mind, without forgetting.

My friend Robert says that the human condition has separated us from the purest, Higher parts of our selves. I also tend to think that we experience an almost cosmic forgetfulness, after thousands of lives, and are trying to get back.

I think these songs are a kind of attunement to the Source, the Higher Self, to help restore a connection to ourselves in perfect and pure love.

If only we could love our Higher Selves in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment