Monday, March 5, 2012

I am off for a few days to do a university lecture about my book.

I like to write about Hoodoo and magic because it is African American culture. It brings to the fore important conversations about race, religion, and history in the United States. Apart from the academic concerns, it seems that most of the questions that I field when I do these talks fall into one of two categories: its efficacy with respect to sex and relationships, and the issue of money.

Having little interest in the former, I can speak to the latter from my own experiences, apart from Hoodoo.

Most magicians who are active practitioners dabble in this area. Hell, everyone that I know is thinking about money.  Even the smartest, most experienced occultists have not figured out how to "deal" with money in an honest and reliable way.

In Vodou, we understand that there are certain energies or lwas that govern different areas of life. Accordingly, there are lwas that are "in charge" of money and wealth.

There are angels, saints and Beings that do the same in most magical and spiritual religion systems that I am aware of.

Still, most people in this culture seem to be fixated, near-desperately focused on their relationship to money.

I have synthesized years of my own thinking on the topic of money, but the best formula and system that I have seen for working with Money as a conscious Being comes from my friend Inelia Benz.

Inelia is a New Age Lightworker, but that should not bother any of us, because the labels and boundaries that separate us are fast becoming undone.

I encourage everyone to get to know the Spirit of Money if that is something you feel energetically inclined to do. As for me, it is a waning and waxing interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment