Snakes Alive
Yeesh what a corny title. But that's all I got.
Earlier this week I was pleasantly surprised to find this little garter snake wrapped around one of my flowerpots on the front porch. I quickly snapped the image and posted to Facebook. Imagine my pleasure at seeing the snake again the next day, and the next, in different places by my stoop.
Of course, the avatar of one of my escort deities in Vodou is a serpent. But I have always imagined Dambala as huge, and white, and brimming with spiritual power and light, as he is the king of the lwa.
This little snake is warm, and intelligent, and cute. But I don't know if it is a sign.
Today, at the other end of the yard, he slithered up to me as I was planting seeds, sat and watched as I crouched in the dirt.
I sent him a psychic greeting and wondered at that very moment which dimension I found had myself in, with nature and its forces gathered all around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment