I struggle with the analogies that some writers make between aspects of the human Self and the computer, mainly because I think they are quite apt. I want to get it right.
Human beings are seen to be innocent due to their extreme unawareness and unconsciousness of their reality. In this state, they are run by programming and illusory belief systems.
At the same time, the purity of spirit shines forth as their intrinsic beauty.
...people are run by their 'software programs' of which they are unconscious...the intrinsic innocence is because, comparably, the person is like the hardware, and their actions and beliefs are like the software. The hardware is unaffected by the software programs which they are following blindly without awareness of the significance or consequence of these actions.
Classically, the unconscious software programs are called "karma." (Eye of the I, p. 17, emphases mine)
There is a lot to ponder in this wonderful little book.
No comments:
Post a Comment