When the late businessman Robert Monroe and the NASA physicist Thomas Campbell wrote autobiographical accounts, they both made reference to the innerspace travels that they had achieved during meditation. Both described how they had "met themselves" in a future state and form while on these journeys.
They called these persons/versions of themselves "Guides" or other-dimensional beings.
Funny how the religious idiom uses the terms "angels" "spirits" and "gods" to describe the Guides. Likewise so does the magician describe otherworldly beings as goetia, angels, and demons, but with much more detail, introspection and context. I find religionists and occultists to be quite colorful in their descriptions of the beings. Much more poetic than the stark, cold, rationality of scientists and their visions.
They are all fantastic.
For some reason I became very interested in descriptions by human explorers and their meetings with higher selves; but less so with how they are theorized by their observers.
In any event, I have not practiced meditation with any consistency, although I continue to try.
Today is my birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment