On the absolute reality and its planes,
On that finest spiritual light,
We meditate, as remover of obstacles
That it may inspire and enlighten us
Like so many things in my life in the past two or three years, Gayatri came to me, first with her name, which popped instantly into my mind, then with the wonderful mantra. It took me only an hour to memorize the words for the kirtan. I felt them vibrating through my soul the very first time I heard them. I did not connect the words to the voice I had heard until later. Ignorant as I am, I thought that "Gayatri" was a boy's name, perhaps the name of my HGA! I have listened to the mantra for a few months now in the morning with the other mantras and the kirtan that has become the living prayers of song. She will be witness to the ritual as I perform it.
No comments:
Post a Comment