Saturday, February 25, 2012

Some time ago I received an initiation/attunement for something called Magnified Healing.  This was long before I woke up, long before I knew anything about anything. If you had asked me about this stuff even four, five years ago I would have snorted it off as another bit of New Age internet ponzi. How arrogant I can be! was! So what happened was that I kept running into people at my massage place who were into Reiki. Because I am so cheap I took the girls to the free sessions they had on Friday night at the healing center in town. My nine-year old loved it; the woman running the sessions told me that "I needed a lot of (spiritual) work." When I came back looking for a Reiki initiation I told her how much her words had offended me, but I spoke to her in complete love. (Strange for me, as I was still in my funky warrior mode.)

Then I asked her if she could do an attunement for me.

She agreed, but no matter how we tried, we could not get a suitable time. This should have been the first clue that there was a higher force directing the show. Perhaps Legba or Ellegua kept closing the doors. We settled on an appointed date, and we would do the Magnified Healing Ceremony instead. She said it was similar enough, but it was not Reiki. Fine, fine, whatever.

All I knew was that I just needed to do this.

The initiation took place over three days, and it involved reading the text together and doing some practice meditations. I did not know what I was doing, and my initiator was not too clear on the details of what she was doing either. But she followed the instructions to the letter, and I received the first-level attunement. She said I should go home and do healing practices for a week in solitary before I could be able go out and start to work on other people. Well, I had no intention of doing that! 
I already have a job.

Then it got interesting. The Magnified Healing practice is a meditation that one does using the heart chakra as a creative "instrument" to communicate with the Higher Bodies and the Creator, what is called The God Most High of the Universe. I had apparently stumbled upon an esoteric ritual practice derived from the I AM Movement of Guy Ballard from the 1930s. This occult stuff used to make me really nervous as a young evangelical Christian. Nervous, but curious. Judgmental. But wondering...

Funny how the Beings sit and wait until we are ready and open to learn more advanced stuff. At least that is the way it has been for me.

(Shit, well, I guess they can afford to wait. They operate outside of linear time)

Anyway, the Magnified Healing ritual, while only available to the initiate, contains all of the physical gestures, mantras, symbols, and keys for achieving a practice of preparation for Ascension and alignment. It includes an invocation of Kwan Yin and an evocation of the three-fold flame in the heart chakra. Perhaps most importantly, it contains a meditation for unifying the bodies. And if anyone had ever asked me what any of this meant just a month before, I would have looked at them as if they were speaking Hebrew or something. Which, in fact, in some cases they are.

I did not receive Reiki until the next year, and this was at a friend's house from one of the Reiki Usui Shiki Ryoho masters. This is apparently a big deal, as they are into lineage systems. This is familiar to me, from the emphasis upon lineage in Vodou.

I have only received the first level of the Reiki. More on that initiation later. The story continues next month, with my new friend Tom the Magician, who is a Reiki master himself and who has generously offered to give me the second attunement.

Who are all of these people in my life?

It must be amusing to watch all of this from above, in the higher dimensions, where one actually has a map of what it all looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment