Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains. ~Liber AL 2:9
This is a beautiful sentiment that I read for the first time this morning. It comes from a sacred book from the magical tradition of Thelema.
Don't know much about Thelema, common person that I am.
I know that the saying, Love is the Law, Love under Will is the sentiment that animates these magicians. And I like that saying, a lot.
Still, this is something that I know very little about. People who know me can say that I am not a sectarian when it comes to religion and magick, which is why I prefer the eclectic New Age free-for-all system of learning and being. You don't have to join a church or a lodge to be Who You Are.
But I am also a scholar, and I feel that I need to know more of this theory. Sometimes that means reading another book, and sometimes it means talking to real live people about how they live their faith.
...when I have time.
No comments:
Post a Comment