The Quiet Memory
In the areas where I play in thought and consciousness, Teachers have stressed that it is necessary to have a still and quiet place in which to Be, and hence, to live. In the old days the seeker/student would leave society, climb a mountain, isolate oneself in a cave or a monastery in order to study. But we live in the awesome modern world now.
Apparently many of us - and this certainly is true for me - have lived much of the adult life out of the physical body. Until recently I had no idea what that phrase meant. It is clear that the physical body must be aligned fully with the other bodies in order for one's expansion, or evolution, to occur smoothly. I have discussed the other bodies in other posts, here, and here. But what I am understanding now is that not only must I be fully in my aligned bodi(e)s, but that I must stay still. You see, our Selves are always in motion in the third dimension, and it creates difficulties in how we perceive, or how we are aware, of time and space.
I don't want to talk about time too much yet; I haven't learned everything that I want to learn about time. But this space thing is really interesting, because it relates to form, which is what we create when we do our magick. But we always move, we never stay still, because the bodies, one or the other, they travel! The astral body travels in sleep, the physical body moves because it does, the mental body zips around when we go into space (or space out), or we create another form, or we go someplace else.
This is what I guess also occurs with spirit possession as with the Vodou religion.
But the singular Self does not move. It is still.
Anyway, since one thing that has been impressed upon me - and it applies to all of humanity, I am certain - is that our ascension hinges on our ability to remember Who We Are. We have read this many times in the New Age literature - we only have to recall ourselves as divine, perfect, masters! I understand this statement for just a teeny tiny bit of what it might mean.
For example, I needed to recall something this morning. It was a recipe, for god's sake, but I could not remember what I had to do. It was a busy morning, like most mornings. I asked the Higher Self. The answer came in a near-whisper, beneath the layers and layers of noise and movement, the TV on in the background, the thoughts of all the chores and stuff to be done, and loose mindfulness, what am I doing in this moment. The awareness of the memory came primarily through the mental body. It was loud, strong, and dominant. But when I stilled myself - with intent and an act of will - I could access the memory that I wanted. It was quiet. When I slowed down, I could "see" what I needed to remember. I could "feel" it. What I am trying to say is that memory can be sought on another wavelength that so subtle, that one cannot perceive it unless one is still. This of course, might not be true in all cases - think of physical body-memory, where one recalls how to ride the bicycle after all of the years. Perhaps that is what we call habit.
How much harder to "remember" something that "happened" in the "future" through the work of the fifth dimensional Self.
It's nuts, yeah. But this is the model that I am working with.
I wonder if my spiritual exercises are essentially a kind of mnemonics?
No comments:
Post a Comment