Monday, October 15, 2012

More New Age Crap

I believe I am a bonafide New Ager. I am also, apparently, a magician, a shaman, and a Vodouisant. Ach, what is it with these labels! They divide us, and because of fear and judgment they drive people away from me that we would ordinarily enjoy about life, the diversity of styles and ways to Be.

New Agers are getting a bum rap. 

Why is that? Because there is a lot of good stuff out there.

Take, for example, the energy work that I have been doing in my Mastering Alchemy class. It is typical New Age yoga: running energy up and down the chakras so as to raise the vibrational frequencies through intention, bring the spiritual body online, align fully with the Light, and ultimately to build the Merkaba, which is supported by the antakarana and the pranic tube, that connect to the Soul. Which is what the exercises are for. 

Huh??

I am reassured when I find these diagrams. I don't read Chinese, but apparently this is a model that was historically noted as useful in acupuncture traditions. 
The Daoist body map also proclaims the efficacy of such practices. 

But when we get to those goofy New Agers, they are making parallels with this stuff and the magnetic field of the body, the torus tube, the quantum map and the universe!


One would not expect such sophistication from the New Agers, of course. Listening to many other smarter people out there, they are made out to be hopelessly naive.

And perhaps we New Agers are simple minded people, and these analogies with older ancient practices are purely accidental. Maybe someone saw the Chinese image and decided to copy it. I dunno.

What I would say is that some of these New Agers seem to have some practical stuff going for them, and it is not only about "whoo-whoo," "Fluffy," and "Love and Light." (Which are admittedly pleasant but silly ideas.)

Could be.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sister! I, as well, am not too keen on labels, largely because my spiritual path has been so eclectic. I find them to be too limiting and to cause undue confusion. I am really pleased that you mention the importance of running energy, especially at this crucial time where there is a great deal of interference being enacted by TPTB. There are so many distractions that seek to drain us of energy, including people in our lives. I have found, with a heavy heart, that sometimes I need to just withdraw from some of them for my own protection. Also glad you mentioned Jim Self's site; I have gained an enormious amount of understanding through his webinars especially and his Rose Tool, which has proven incredibly effective for me. Be well, sister.

    ReplyDelete