Monday, October 8, 2012

I Went to a Conference of Magicians this Weekend


Only I should have stopped by my old university stomping grounds too, since the conference was in Princeton. Sigh. Twenty five years ago, life happened hard and real. I started and completed graduate school, read a lot of books, wrote a lot of things, got married, had a baby, found my career, and lived a very rich and fulfilling time. I have not looked back since.

Life then was sort of like it is now, but with much more drama and incoherence. It is now time to slow down the Self so as to orient, to see and be who I am. To be present. That is a secret, you know. It is only by being fully present now that one can create now. Or pretty much what you please.

Anyway, the conference. It was uneven. Perhaps it was unremarkable. I saw many magician guys (The male participants and attendees outnumbered the female). No problem for me there. I visited with some friends. I met some new people. I spoke up with questions and concerns. I was shrill and I was brilliant. I was inspired and enlightened, and at times I was bored. It was a typical conference for me, except the crowd was a little younger than I am used to.

What a surprise! Magicians at a conference are as mundane and introverted as academics in any specialty.

All in all it was not a waste of time, because I learned some things.

One speaker stood out for me though. He outed himself as a creator-god in consciousness of love power and wisdom. He is not fully aware of Who he is, but as he spoke I saw him for a few seconds as he was in spirit, and my Higher Self perked up. A fellow traveller! Other than that I did not hear much else that fed me. By midnight I was groggy, my ride home wanted to leave, and so I missed the much-anticipated evocation and invocation of Baphomet.

I pray that it went well, for the highest, for all concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment