Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Theories of the body

I have gotten into some disagreements lately with other people about the nature of the body. I can't think of anything more ridiculously arcane to disagree about, although I realize that the subject brings a lot of fear, because it feeds directly into the ego's domain. The ego is scared shitless of death, because it identifies with the body. So be kind to yourself. 

For my 100th blog entry I decided to post some of what I understand about the bod(ies) that makes the most sense to me. I have always viewed myself as a spirit/soul within a physical body, but it is only recently true that I can experience myself as a spirit with a body. There is a difference, of course. The more we understand the differences in terms of experience and awareness, the closer we get to being who we are. 

(This is another one of those statements that will make no sense unless you are on the path of ascension.)


I realize now that ideas reflect truths that can change depending upon the perspective and the person, and how complete one's awareness of one's Self is, how developed one's consciousness, etc., etc. So I don't really mind disagreement like I did before.

In other words, like the Observer effect in the physics experiment, not everyone will perceive the things in the same way, even as they look at them they change. I even think that the nature of the viewing of the bodies alters the outcome of what is "real" to the Aware self.


When I say bodies, I refer to the map that states that we "are" or "have" five bodies while we are living in this dimension, like the picture of the Guru Deva Gayatri, which is the image on this blog: the physical body, mental body, emotional/astral body, etheric/spiritual body, and the light body, which is called the crystalline, ascension body, or just plain awesome!

This is where the disagreement comes in. There are lots of layers of these bodies, lots of expressions of these bodies in different levels of consciousness, lots of different visions of the differences between these bodies (epi-kinetic body versus the electro-magnetic body, for example, and then we have the Adam Kadmon body in the other dimensions, that exist at the same "time" even though there is no time.)

Much room for disagreement and argument but I think that is missing the point.

I am the same as all of other spiritual beings at my level of consciousness that exist in the universe except for this material, physical form. Why? Well, where did this body, the physical form that I have taken, come from? Well, we are unique because our bodies come from the stuff of the Earth. There is only one Earth in the universe, although there are of course many earths in many different timelines and realities.

Lost yet?

I understand that the Fifth dimensional self has a physical body only if it wants one. Only if it creates one. And which body might that be?

If we are born to create, to manifest fully as divine creator beings, then this "body" has to be the one that the Higher Self created. As we get better and better at manifesting, creating, as we ascend and return to our True Selves, as we reach the realm of pure mentality, the fifth density, we become fifth dimensional beings.

We create the body that we are inhabiting now in this fourth dimension, so we can be that body. So we can be our Selves, here, now.

It is only a matter of "time" that we become fully conscious of this experience, the "reality" of self in the world, that we manifest, all the "time," fully, coherently, with complete awareness.

We ascend, or the Higher Self, descends, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Namaste.


3 comments:

  1. As is not uncommon, I have some issues with some of what you have written, but equally, as is quite common, I know my differences with your remarks are rooted in semantics or personal preferences in systems. I am picky about what I choose to ascribe to, and you my dear sister, as as open as I am difficult. It is a matter of style. When we get to the bottom of it, I find we are except for an occasional minor detail, on the same page.

    Keep on exploring and keep on sharing, Yvonne. It is appreciated, and occasionally you even manage to win over the humbug I so carefully cultivate. It is good that you remind me often that the wording we use to describe our experiences is just that. Your posts are refreshing, and as always, they seem to reflect on issues with which I am dealing. Thanks.

    Eoghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it means so much to hear you say this, and to hear from you Eoghan! I am glad you got something out of my ramblings! I am happy!

      Delete
  2. Always, Yvonne. I check evey day to see if you've posted.

    ReplyDelete