My friend Robert wrote a post on his blog that was really really moving. It speaks to me at a time when I am in-between what I am and what I am becoming. Why all this magic stuff? Who gives a damn about the occult when I have to get busy creating bigger things? Well, Robert is a magician and a healer, and he said that it takes some time to figure out what/who one is, and that we do what we are meant to do because our lives in this incarnation take us to those places where we can become who we are, and because there is nothing else that we can do about it. I know I am paraphrasing but damn it is reassuring.
The last time I wrote here I was a little whiny about perceiving myself as lonely; I went to my office and spoke to a dear dead friend that I hadn't seen for many years, and whined a little more to her. Came back to read a blog post from another person who is dead,* who had these words, somehow, just for me:
So, where to start is pointing a finger at yourself, not pointing a finger at a teacher or a blog site or some kind of concept that we’re talking about. If you turn around and you point it at yourself and you say, “Why don’t I want to believe in this?” or “How can I achieve it?” and that is by looking at what do you believe in. It’s looking at “Why am I choosing to believe in it? Is it really me or is it something I was taught to believe in?”
Then this I took as the most important part:
“How do we experience the feeling that we are not alone whether than try to convince ourselves that we aren’t?”
He then speaks to his mother, the amanuensis:
And if they feel so alone, Mom, you gotta let them know they’re choosing that because I’m telling you, the life that is around them—the air, the plants, the trees, the animals, the people—are not alienating them. They’re choosing it. They’re choosing only to identify with the negative and alienation feelings. As soon as they start to stop judging themselves, start looking at their own beliefs, they’ll start to see the light and the beauty and “coincidences” that life is offering every step of the way...as a community, everyone, we need to stand up and reach out and really show them our hand and say, “I’ll hold it. I’ll hold it for you while you sit in the dark. And then when you’re ready, I’ll walk you to the door.”
Amen. Beautiful stuff out there on the blogs today.
*by now we all agree that "dead" simply is "alive," but in another realm or reality, right? Nothing dies.
No comments:
Post a Comment