Thursday, June 14, 2012

The World Gets Better

This week, one of the most brilliant and most respected occult writers that I know, John Michael Greer, has another post up on his blog that I react strongly against, as I feel he paints New Agers with too broad a brush.

As a tender and sensitive child of the New Age, I take umbrage.

Being a hot-tempered blustery daughter of a warrior lwa, I have had it out with him on this issue before. John is a magician, but he creates cautiously, even skeptically, using spirits of knowledge and history, and is sensibly suspicious of public gestures of raw power and will in magick. He is autistic, like my Kiki, so I suspect that he came into this physical incarnation purposefully from a higher dimension. Like my daughter he does not seem to have much use for third-dimensional styles of Love.

Still, I feel that on some matters he is painfully, dangerously wrong.

John is co-creating the new world using myth but deplores the incoherent technologies of co-creation by the masses, the popular magick, with all of its strange, irrational, flaky and eclectic excesses. He speaks of as if Love and Light is a slogan of the gullible. He is pessimistic about most things in the "future," as if time itself was not unconditional. Since he is also an astrologer and a Hoodoo, I find this ironic. As an intellectual and a historian of both the ancient and modern world, he understands all too well the tragic patterns and devastating failures that have resulted from all kinds of self-defeating imaginative thinking and practice.

I think that he thinks that he is being realistic in his fearful, down-to-earth, materialistic, and practical approach to world-creation.

But what kind of a world is that?

Since he is a Druid, I know that he serves Gaia, but I also suspect that he has no patience with humanity.

Thank Goddess that Mother Gaia is all about patience, even beyond our understanding!

Those of us who believe in ascension and expansion know that human and nature co-create together as in a partnership, not as the pesky whiny imbecile children of a powerful capable Mother, but as spiritual scientists in the forthcoming Aquarian age.

...as for me, he might think me and my ilk are deluded, but the world is just getting better and better. Perhaps this is what the fifth dimension really is.


2 comments:

  1. I too find myself having the desire that everyone jump on my bandwagon and see things thru my reality. However we all know this is impossible. We are each on our own journey, our individual reality is "perfect" for us. If we focus on our journey and our experiences there is no right or wrong. We will all get to the finish line. Send him love and know your paths will eventually cross :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Absolutely. And what a remarkable paradox that we each travel our singular road, yet we are all One!

      Peace and thank you

      Delete