Wednesday, September 5, 2012

God is Us, God is Within Us, God is not Outside Us

I am having an issue over praying to God, or using prayers to God, of "humbling" myself to God, being saved by God. Not the Creator. Not the I AM. But God. I am convinced that this is partly a holdover from my self-imposed exile from the Christian church. But it is also in large part because "God-out-there" paradigm sidesteps the nature of human divinity. Having had many many arguments about this with others, I know that humans are very reluctant to take on the mantle of divinity. "We are not God!" they say, with rising indignation, or "You are playing God!" and all that. 

Anger? No. Fear.

One can feel the low vibration.

Well of course we are playing, at least in this density, but now the game is ending. We presently take our place as co-creators of our very reality.

So it irks me when anyone tries to prevent any of us from achieving that, even in minor, well-intentioned ways.

That's fear, too.

"Truly the way in the Ascension is the ability of each soul to rise into his/her higher self. Look inside and find your own divinity within your heart. Not through blindly following a guru, evangelist, channelers or spiritual leader, but through SELF. Accept only what you discern individually to resonate as true, Dear Ones, and do not give your power to another. Each of you can and must channel your higher selves. Study, look, listen, discern, review and only accept what resonates within you."

This from another trustworthy channel by the name of Tyberron. (I love the funky names that those New Age people come up with!)

4 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the frustration of praying to God. It took a while for me to realize that there is no conflict between a devotion to God's Immanence as Self, and prayers that are phrased outwardly. If you watch Hawkins, he is a perfect example of this. There is a Jewish and Sufi teachings that is likely found in all traditions,that when we pray, it is actually God who prays through us. The resistance to outward prayer is in my experience a subtle form of clinging to the ego, to the sense that "I" am. There's a personal self that wants to believe that IT is Divinity. When I truly embrace God's Immanence, there is the realization that whatever words are being said, are being said by Divinity. Then it becomes clear that it is vitally important, especially for teachers, but really for all of us, to provide paths for students that avoid traps like the one mentioned above--the worship of ego under the guise of Immanent Divinity.

    In our group, I think you missed the reading. I'll post it in google+. It lives little doubt that what we're striving for is the realization of Divinity as our very own Self!

    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jacob,
      I don't know if it so much a difference in rhetoric or in misunderstanding what I am saying. I have no resistance to "praying" to "God." There is no "God" nor a "Universe" that is not one with "Me" or "Us." This I understand, this I know. How these words limit our conversations about this!
      Me, at this point in my ascension, I have learned to identify the ego when communicating with aspects of my self or with the Creator. (That is the term I prefer to use, rather than God - my academic training precludes me using that term as most others do uncritically). The Ego and the Higher Self do not communicate and cannot exist in the same field. So the key is to be fully present in the Soul. This is what Hawkins was able to achieve, but it is absolutely available to us.

      I sense from you that there is a fear when it comes to dealing with the Ego. Remember that the Ego's main tools are fear, denial, resistance, control and judgment. I sense those things. So much so that you would banish the Ego as an addiction, with a twelve step program. So much that you would fear "worship" of Ego, when this is an idea without meaning to me, for there is no "worship" apart from gratitude and resonance with One. I view the Ego as a vital part of the Self, be appreciated for its function in the world of separation. But now is the time to put Ego into its rightful place. I am not sure that the 12-step model is the way to go, given my own history with addiction and my many years in the program. It's a different orientation, and not that useful to me at this point in my ascension.
      I am going to do a kinesiological test to read this entire situation/conversation. And I would still like to be in the group as long as I can and should.

      Delete
  2. It's not fear of the ego. Hawkins compares the ego to a teddy bear. The hope is not to identify with ego. The 12 steps are simply an effective tool and framework, not a comment on the ego's terrible-ness. The ego is tenacious however, and just as unmanageable without Divine assistance as an addiction. It IS vital to normal functioning and spiritual process isn't to be confused with essential normal ego development and health.

    There are traps along the path that it is prudent to be aware of. One that I see often is a rush to be nondual and unconditionally loving, without honoring the ugly parts of the personality and working through them. This is one of the prime benefits of working with a group or at least a sharing partner--being able to talk about our weaknesses in a safe space and then slowly grow out of them. My groups affiliation with the 12 steps is relatively minor, mostly structural. I happily changed the name of the group to Sharing in the Presence of God--a much more apt name I think.

    Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday night. Be blessed.
    Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find by loving the ego like you would love a whining child is very effective. In some way the ego is very much a child, it fear for its level of understanding is not broad enough. It role is to protect yet if you are in a state of love, and with nothing to fear, what does one need to be protected from?
    Trust in self and love the ego till its quite. Every time it begins to whine and complain let it know all is well and forgive plus love it. Its just doing what it was designed to do.
    Perfect sharing. Thank you both.
    An Abundance of love to you all.
    Sarah :0)

    ReplyDelete